Before you get started
The great thing about digital interviews is that you can complete them in the comfort of your own home, but it’s always good to treat the experience in the same way you would a normal interview. Some things to consider before starting your interview include:
- Allow enough time – remember that you’ll need at least 10 minutes for preparation and around 20-30 minutes to answer the questions
- Dress appropriately – it’ll help put you in the right mindset
- Speak clearly – it’s important we can hear your answers
- Relax and try not to rush – we’re only interested in the clinical aspects of your answers, so relax and let your professionalism shine. Don’t forget – you can record a second answer if you weren’t happy with the first one you gave
- Have your photo ID ready – you’ll need to show either your passport or driving license at the beginning of the interview to verify your ID
Remember to make sure you’re in a suitable setting for a successful interview. Is it quiet enough? Are there any potential distractions in the room or in the background of the recording?
If you’re using a mobile phone or tablet to complete your interview, please ensure you prop it up while you’re recording to ensure quality isn’t compromised. This is especially important when showing your photo ID. iPhone and iPad users will need to download the HireVue app to complete the interview.
Before you start your interview, you’ll be given the option to complete some practice questions. This will help you to familiarise yourself with the process before you start your interview. A lot of our candidates find this really useful as it helps them to feel more comfortable during the interview.
Don’t want to see yourself while you record? We’ve got something for that
With HireVue, you can watch yourself while you record, but if you’d prefer not to see yourself then you can turn this feature off.
If you’re on a desktop device, hide your video by selecting the ‘Hide video’ option from the bottom of the video screen (highlighted in blue below).
On mobile, tap the camera icon to hide your video.
The camera will still record you, but you won’t be distracted by seeing the recording.
Pulse Nursing and HireVue
Watch this 2 minute video to get great tips and advice bout your digital interview.
Step by step video guide
We’ve created a step by step video which covers everything you need to know, including helpful advice and tips for success.